Join running and cycling event on August 23rd
The United States Congress passed the 19th Amendment to the Constitution granting women full and equal voting rights on this day in 1920. Every year on August 26, we commemorate this right with National Women’s Equality Day
HOW TO OBSERVE
Learn more about the women’s civil rights movement and the 19th amendment. Use #WomensEqualityDay to post on social media.
By a joint resolution of Congress on August 26, 1971, the first Women’s Equality Day was Celebrated. Rep. Bella Abzug (D-NY) sponsored the resolution and every year since each president declares this day as Women’s Equality Day commemorating the certification of the 19th Amendment to The United States Constitution.
Thank you National Day Calendar for the information
- Event Start Date: 23rd Aug 2019
- Event End Date: 25th Aug 2019
- Last Registration Date: 25th Aug 2019
- 1st Place Certificate & Social Media Announcement
- Finishers will receive finishers Certifi